Meddybemps Fire

Fire and rescue crews from Meddybemps, Charlotte, Alexander, Cooper and Down East EMS responded to a fully involved structure fire at Lite Lane in Meddybemps Tuesday morning.  Meddybemps Fire Chief Ike Winchester believes the fire started in the area of the kitchen's gas stove.  Although a complete loss, the sole occupant of the trailer--Jean Campbell--was unharmed. The garage which sits within three feet of the structure was saved.  (Photo provided by Meddybemps Fire Department).